I watched it not realizing I needed that Cardi B energy. She’s so real that she makes a lot of people uncomfortable, triggering them, but let me tell you: Before watching this show, I was indifferent to her, but after watching it, she won me over.
We can just wish we had the same level of self-expression, but we don’t because we have fears and barriers that she doesn’t have.
We don’t have the same values, she sells booty and boobs (yes, you heard right, and make no mistake, Kim Kardashian does the same thing, all initial PR communication consisted of one body part + data/story), but the passion… is equally strong. She has such a business mind.
So let me drop down for you some lessons from Cardi B’s personal brand real quick:
1. Own your past: Own your damn story. Who cares about your past? It doesn’t matter who you are, what matters is who you become. What else can you do? Just die in shame? Of these two options, I choose the first.
2. Be raw and real: You are made up of many natural reactions, sounds and stories, and when you try to be safe, not bother anyone and please everyone, you get lost. But you know what else gets lost? Your frigging identity and personality.
3. Be vulnerable: Say things as they are, a brand built on vulnerability with time gains millions of followers, while those who strive for perfection have a hard time winning since they barely do anything, because what it perfect?
4. Just don’t give up: People will try to bring you down any way they can. Just don’t give up and keep pursuing your craziest dreams.
5. Use social media: Use social media and don’t let social media use you. Big difference. Use social media in your favor to build something instead of using social media to look at other people’s lives and profiles.
I believe in you. You can do this. If Cardi B went from being a stripper to an American rapper, producer, reality TV star, activist and entrepreneur with a net worth of 80 million dollars, then you can do it too.
Start where you are, with what you have and go where you want to go. And let the haters bark, it’s all just noise anyway.
As a personal branding expert, I can help you create a unique and powerful brand that will help you reach your biggest dreams.
Contact me today to see if we’re a fit for working together.
As usual, stay on the rollercoaster until the ride ends. Great things need time to manifest, so be patient with yourself!
If you enjoyed this article please share it with your friends on your social media. Also, do follow me on Instagram. I share epic content, offers and free personal branding materials so you can step up your personal and business game.