You may not be surprised to know that I have been in therapy for a while now. I have been inspired by one of my friends, who was in therapy at the time and I saw an improvement in her overall life. I needed to try 5 therapists to find one I vibe with. I once spoke in front of 150 students at a top tech university and I told them out loud, if you want to be successful you need therapy at least for a while in your life.
Therapy is not for crazy people. Therapy is for people who are brave enough to face their demons, honest enough to admit they need help, and strong enough to do the work required to heal. In therapy, you learn how to make peace with the past, live in the present, and create your future, all in a very healthy way. You also learn how to identify and express your emotions, set boundaries, and build healthy and happy relationships. Therapy is hard work, that’s why it is for brave people. It’s much easier to run away and put everything under the rug. It takes guts to face your fears and traumas head-on. Therapy is an act of bravery, and by seeking therapy, you’re showing yourself that you’re worthy of healing.
In therapy, you learn how to make peace with the past, live in the present, and create your future
Here are five reasons why you should see a therapist at some point in your life:
- Therapy helps you better understand yourself. It’s a safe space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings without judgment.
- Therapy helps you heal your traumas out of which you are still unconsciously making decisions every day of your life.
- Therapy helps you make more money. Studies have shown that an improvement in mental health through seeing a therapist is actually correlated with an increase in income.
- Therapy helps you heal a broken heart and build a stronger relationship. We all had a broken heart, but we did not all heal after the broken heart. It’s easy to carry fear and resentment with you from a relationship to another. Without healing many romantic relationships have a trauma bond, instead of a love bond. Heal, so you create a beautiful love relationship.
- Therapy helps you go after your dreams.The more you understand how unique you are in this world, the courageous you are you go after all your dreams.
Therapy is an act of bravery, and by seeking therapy, you’re showing yourself that you’re worthy of healing.
Again, therapy is not a sign of weakness, it’s actually a sign of strength. It shows that you’re willing to do whatever it takes to live a happy, healthy life and successful life.
Choose to heal. Choose to be brave.
Thanks for reading my thoughts, let me know what you think in the comments sections below. Until then, stay on the rollercoaster until the ride ends. Great things need time to manifest, so be patient with yourself!
If you enjoyed this article please share it with your friends on your social media. Also, do follow me on Instagram. I share epic content, offers and free personal branding materials so you can step up your personal and business game.